If you’re looking for best teeth whitening in Liverpool then Chelwood Dental, best dentist in Liverpool is definitely the right practice for you.
But is there any truth in the articles you read in beauty magazines where they recommend using everyday store cupboard essentials to help whiten your teeth naturally?
Well, apparently so. The following 10 ingredients can be used as a natural alternative to expensive whitening toothpastes and treatments:
- Orange peel – regular cleaning with fresh orange peel can help reduce the yellow tinge on your teeth. All you need to do is rub the peel on your teeth before you go to sleep as the vitamin C and calcium in the peel keep microorganisms at bay as you sleep.
- Salt – not only can it give back some of the minerals lost in your teeth it also makes them whiter. Try using in the morning as a tooth powder instead of toothpaste. Just be gentle on your gums.
- Strawberries – also naturally high in vitamin C, strawberries are growing in popularity as an alternative to toothpaste. Simply crush a few into a paste and rub on the teeth tice a day.
- Baking Soda – not only does it remove plaque it also gives teeth a pearly white shine. Mix a quarter of a teaspoon with your toothpaste and brush with it once a week.
- Banana peel – simply rub a banana skin over your teeth for 2minutes per day. The potassium, manganese and magnesium in the peel will absorb into your teeth and help get rid of yellow stains.
- Charcoal – but not the stuff you use on the BBQ! Activated charcoal comes in powder form and is very effective at whitening your teeth. Run your toothbrush under the tap, dip it into the charcoal and brush your teeth in small gentle circles for 2 minutes. Your mouth and teeth will turn black but don’t panic! Simply rinse and spit really well.
- Coconut oil – all you have to do is swish a small amount of coconut oil around your mouth for 20 minutes in the morning before eating. It’ll protect your teeth from plaque and enamel.
- Lemon juice – the acidity is very good at whitening teeth. Mix three tablespoons of bicarbonate soda with two tablespoons of lemon juice and swab the mixture on your teeth using a cotton bud. Leave for 30 seconds, rinse then brush with toothpaste.
- Vaseline – rubbing a layer of petroleum jelly onto your teeth will help stop food from staining your teeth.
- Tumeric – not only does it whiten teeth but it also cleanses your teeth and protects your gums from infection. Mix one tablespoon of turmeric with equal amounts of water to form a thick paste. Brush your teeth for a few minutes then rinse and spit until the water runs clear.
While the majority of these items can be found in the home, their teeth whitening effects can take weeks, if not months to become noticeable, so if you’re looking for a faster, more obvious treatment then teeth whitening is definitely something for you.
At Chelwood Dental, best dentist in Liverpool we currently have an offer on Zoom! teeth whitening take-home trays. For only £79 we’ll arrange an appointment for you at the practice so that we can set about producing your bespoke trays to get those teeth gorgeous and white in the comfort of your own home.
This offer is only available for a limited time so make an appointment now to take advantage of this fantastic deal. Simply call us on 0151 722 6500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.