Child Protection and Vulnerable Adult Policy
We are committed to protect children and vulnerable adults from harm. Our dental team accept and recognise our responsibilities to develop awareness of the issues which cause children and vulnerable adults harm.
We will endeavour to safeguard children by:
- Adopting child and vulnerable adult protection guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for the dental team
- Making staff and patients aware that we take child and vulnerable adults protection seriously and respond to concerns about the welfare of children and vulnerable adults
- Sharing information about concerns with agencies that need to know, and involving parents and children, carers and vulnerable adults appropriately
- Following carefully the procedures for staff recruitment and selection;
- Providing effective management of staff by ensuring access to supervision, support and training
We are also committed to reviewing our policy and good practice at regular intervals.