Our Practice Policy
- Our Practice aims to provide dental care of a consistent quality, for all patients. We have management systems to help us, which define each practice member’s responsibilities when looking after you.
- In proposing treatment we will take account of your own wishes. We will explain options, were appropriate and costs, so that you can make an informed choice. We will always explain what we are doing.
- We will do all we can to look after your health. We will ask you about your general health and about any medicines being taken. This helps us to treat you safely. We keep all information about you confidential.
- Contamination control is essential to the safety of our patients. Every practice member receives training in practice systems for contamination control.
- We screen all patients for mouth cancer at routine checkups.
- Practice working methods are reviewed regularly at staff meetings. We encourage all staff to make suggestions for improving the care we give patients.
- We regularly ask patients for their views on our services. We have systems for dealing promptly with patient complaints and for ensuring that lessons are learnt from any mistakes that we make.
- All clinical staff in the Practice, Dentists and Nurses, take part in continuing professional education, meeting the general Dental Council’s requirements. We aim to keep up-
to- date with current procedures on all aspects of general dentistry, including preventative care, which reduces your need for treatment.
- All staff joining the Practice is given training in practice-
side procedures. We conduct an annual review of training needs for everyone in the Practice.
- All members of the Practice know of the need to ensure that dentists are working safely. In the unlikely event that a dentist in this Practice becomes unfit to practice, we have systems to ensure that concerns are investigated and, if necessary, acted upon.